Why Am I Always Bloated? Reasons Why You Are Bloated and 5 Ways to Fix It.
Summer is here and you want that flat stomach for the beach. You’ve put in extra time in the gym and even doubled up on the X28 Fitness programs. You even cleaned up your diet. Yet, you still can’t shake the bloat! What’s up with that!?
Bloating happens to everyone and it can sneak up on you in surprising ways, depending on what you eat, certain habits you have, and even when your stressed.
Bloating can also be a result of an unhappy stomach caused by eating certain foods that don’t digest properly. Think of dairy, processed, and salty foods as common culprits. Eating too fast, chewing gum, and drinking through a straw can too cause your stomach to poke out on you due to the extra air you ingest.
But wait! We got you. Here are our 5 ways you can reduce bloating:
1. Fill up on Probiotics. Bloating typically is a result of unbalanced bacteria in your gut. Probiotic supplements are a great way to balance your gut bacteria and eliminating the extra gas build up that causes bloating.
2. Watch your Salt Intake. When you eat foods that are high in salt, and your body is taking in more salt than it should, your body holds onto fluids you eat and drink, making you feel super bloated. As such, look for foods rich in potassium which help your kidneys flush out excess salt. Think fresh fruit and veggies such as bananas, strawberries, leafy greens, melons, citrus fruits - all of these are great sources of potassium.
3. Avoid Carbonated Drinks. Carbonation comes from gas blended with water, when you drink a carbonated beverage, the gas 'puffs out' your stomach. Avoid these at all cost!
4. Take Epsom Salt Baths: Relaxing in any tub is always nice, but adding two cups of Epsom salt may help flatten your stomach by pulling excess water and toxins out of your body. Your skin also absorbs the mineral and electrolyte, magnesium, which can help reduce inflammation which can also contribute to the bloat.
5. Take a fat burning supplement: Fat burners are a great supplement that help eliminate water retention around the stomach, improves digestion, and can decrease stomach irritation - all things that stop the bloat!
Let’s get that bloating in control and let’s get snatched this season!