Recipe of the Month: Spicy Lemon Shrimp Quinoa Bowl
Getting the flat stomach, you've always wanted never tasted so good! Here is a tasty, quick,
and HEALTHY recipe you can make any day of the week. Oh, and more good news for your
Waistline: Quinoa can boost metabolism, increase fullness, has a good amount of protein
and can burn overall fat.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ½ Tbsp extra-light olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp horseradish
- ½ Tbsp 100% pure honey
- ½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ lb (8 oz) raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- ¼ tsp lime zest
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ½ Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Crushed red chilis, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa. Set aside
- In a medium-size frying pan, sauté olive oil, garlic, horseradish, honey, and lemon and lime juices for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp; cook 3–4 minutes. Turn shrimp, top with lime and lemon zest, parsley, and chilis. Cook 2–3 minutes; don’t stir.
- Toss shrimp, then place shrimp on quinoa. Serve.